• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

under dash alarm sound

hayabusa1--93lx ssp
New User
Posted: 01/01/14 09:33 PM

Gotta 93 lx with a 306 with a b303 cam the shop that i took it to said that they had to flash the computer the car starts and runs fine but sometimes after i let it sit and idle in the yard it makes this buzzing sound that sounds something like an alarm clock or something it sounded like it's coming from right behind the radio and climate control but i still can't seem to find it don't know if its coming from that green box or not because i think that's for the air bag sensor or something.... any type light that could be shed on this situation would be a big help  

Spazmacholi
New User
Posted: 05/04/14 04:59 AM

If it beeps 15 times (3 sets of 5 consecutive beeps) it is the airbag "alarm."  There is  a light on the instrument panel which will blink if there is a problem with the airbag system.  If for some reason the dash light stops working, then you get the beeping from under the dash.  It is from the airbag control mudule behind the climate control. It can be intermittent, like on my car I have the dash light 90% of the time, but then sometimes the dash light shuts off and the alarm immediately starts beeping.  

Spazmacholi
New User
Posted: 05/04/14 04:59 AM

If it beeps 15 times (3 sets of 5 consecutive beeps) it is the airbag "alarm."  There is  a light on the instrument panel which will blink if there is a problem with the airbag system.  If for some reason the dash light stops working, then you get the beeping from under the dash.  It is from the airbag control mudule behind the climate control. It can be intermittent, like on my car I have the dash light 90% of the time, but then sometimes the dash light shuts off and the alarm immediately starts beeping.