Ad Radar
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

'67 Fuse box replacement

salemsgt
New User
Posted: 05/22/07 10:35 AM

Has anyone replaced their '67 Mustang fuse   box with an updated blade type, ie. Painless Performance 3001 style? I want to do this but do not understand the wire  transfer from the stock box to the new Painless box. Any help and explanation is deeply appreciated.  

stangracer
User
Posted: 05/22/07 06:34 PM

I switched to blade type on my 68 a while back and used a gen. box from a boating supply place and spent 20 bucks on it. I only needed one to fill 6 circuits I just stripped the wires and crimped on some terminals then screwed them into the fuse block.  

salemsgt
New User
Posted: 05/23/07 03:23 PM

Not being all that electrical minded, which wires go where? There are about 6 - 7 wires in the stock box, which wire from the stock fuse box goes to which terminal in the blade type box?
 I knew I'd make this difficult
 Thanks for the help.  

stangracer
User
Posted: 05/23/07 07:13 PM

The stock block (fuse box) will have abrev. words on it to name a circuit "rad."-radio. from the back of the block cut the wires one circuit at a time. each fuse will have 2 wires attached to it both are positive. Do one fuse at a time, you will transfer both wires one on each side of the new fuse (blade type) I ran my 68 with the stock fuse box for four summers with no troubles. I would only suggest the addition of a new panel if you plan on adding circuits. Like after market radio or electric fan or electric water/fuel pump.- Ron  

salemsgt
New User
Posted: 05/24/07 10:45 AM

That info makes sence. I'm running a Pioneer 160 w radio with Dakota Digital gauges and possible will be puttion in an elrct. cooling fan. I'm having a 428 engine built as we speak so depending on how that acts once in the car depends on what I do next.
 Thanks for the intell.  - Bob Laugh