• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

67 parking brake assembly

AdamGo
New User
Posted: 05/05/08 07:44 AM

Confused  almost done restoring car for my son. Need help with undercar parking brake parts. all seems hooked up but cables are hanging low and adjustments maxed out. Cables move freelsy, lever is in place but it looks like a part may be missing (something attatch to transmission cross member) ? Does anyone know where i can get a diagram of the 67 mustang parking brake assembly?  

jlg2002
Guru
Posted: 05/05/08 12:48 PM

try the april 2008 version of Mustangs Montly, they have a good article on this subject. (or lookin the related articles section of this website)  

AdamGo
New User
Posted: 05/06/08 06:54 AM

I have researched the site, it appeassr that the article refers more to 65-66 and I think a 67 is a different set up, while both use handbrakes, i think under the car is different. The "lever" on the 65-66 seems to attach to the transmission crossmemeber and on my 67 it is under the driver side,not to the crossmember so what I am looking for is diagram or pictures specific to a 67. It is possible that the previous owner moved it (not sure why he would do that) but i cant tell unless I have something to compare it to