• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

How to print an article

22fast.ak
User
Posted: 10/24/12 12:48 AM

Well I found an article I wanted to print ( '66 door side glass) from 2001.  Is there a way to get all of the text with the pictures to print other then opening each one?  OR can a copy be purchased?  Seems a shame that there are great tech articles that you can't down load to use as a guide.  Thanks Mel  

MustangMan
Posted: 10/24/12 07:54 AM

Unfortunately I do not believe so. It's a quirky system at best the way the stories are posted on the site. Part of it has to do with Google search analytics and part of it is the software used to post the stories.

It would be nice if a "print" button was available that reformatted the article into printable pages or even created a pdf on the fly. Implementation of that would be far off in the distance I am afraid.

Mark  
Mark Houlahan
Brand Manager
Mustang Monthly Magazine

1965 FFR Roadster 427W/TKO-600 5-speed
1966 Mustang 289-4V/C4 Auto
1968 Mustang 4.6L Three-Valve/5R55S Auto
1990 Mustang 306/AOD
2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V-6/5R55 Auto
2005 F-150 4x2 4.2L V-6/4R70W Auto

waynep71222
Enthusiast
Posted: 10/24/12 08:16 AM

the month of the issue can usually be figured out by the date embedded in the URL of the article..

somewhere in the printed issues is a ad to a company who can provide SOME back issues.. at least that used to be that way...

there are also digital versions of some of the magazines...  but not from that old..  it would be nicer if they archived them in PDF format also.. that way all the ads and text are saved and viewable..  its kinda almost the digital format.. but without the page turning trick..

closest you can get it to click the VIEW ALL link at the bottom of some of the articles..

then click save... and save it as a web archive...

you should be able to go through the picture pages  one at a time and do the same..

if you keep them all in one folder.. you should be able to sort through them..

you should be able to print each section...

the real issue.. is once you have done the job.. its like riding a bicycle... once you get on.. you forget about windows and just pedal away..  well actually it becomes easier to do the next time.  

22fast.ak
User
Posted: 10/24/12 11:40 AM

Thanks guys!  I just figured it was worth asking.  Your right Wayne once you noodle through it you get the hang of it.  My problem is I learn on the first door, then get it right on the 2nd door. . . but 30 years later . . .I'm back to starting all over again!  If I did 10 or 15 doors I'm sure it would stick.  It's like any other skill if you repeat it and do it often,you retain it.  I just don't do it often enough to learn it and remember it.  Blush  SO each time it's like a new experience.  I guess I need to take pictures and make notes so I have my own "cheat sheet". Thanks again, Mel