• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

fan clutch & fan

seph10
New User
Posted: 02/18/13 10:51 AM

Hello, new guy here,,I have a 1970 Mach1, with a 351 cleveland, I would like to upgrade to a clutch fan,,as far as I can tell I need a hayden 2710 fan clutch,,but I can't seem to find any info on what fan I should use,,I now have a four blade fixed fan that is 17.25",,and fits perfect in the shroud,,any suggestions, or Ideas will be helpful,,,I don't want to go with an electric or flex fan,,I am trying to stay close to original as possible, I also Will be adding air conditioning.
Thanks  

waynep71222
Enthusiast
Posted: 02/18/13 12:59 PM

ford on A/C applications went to a flex fan as i recall...

there are some great designs in factory ford flex fans in the late 70s... multiple layers of flex fan blades..

there are several options...  in flex fans... a standard six blade and this propeller of a 7 blade 17" unit
this is a toroflo 983717  take the part number with you to the parts store to avoid the what year is it..

i had something similar to this on my GTO...  i loved it...

this is just an idea... i am not trying to talk you out of a fan clutch.. i just could not find anything but 18" 19" and 20" fan blades for clutches that were not for late models with reverse rotation pitch blades...