• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1966 mustang coupe 289 wiring questions

dcsarge01
New User
Posted: 02/18/13 05:37 PM

I have a few wiring issues I was wondering if anyone of you tech. guys can help me with.

1. emergency flasher wiring under dash. (a) I have one solid blue wire that starts at the flasher switch in the glovebox. It goes from the flasher switch itself to the the flasher relay right next to the switch. It then travels along with the rest of the underdash wiring and ends with a female round terminal connector around the backside of the headlight switch. The question is what attaches to this female terminal.

2. Emergency flasher wiring under dash. (b) I have one orange wire with a white stripe that starts at the flasher relay next to the glovebox. It goes from the flasher relay itself and travels along with the rest of the underdash wiring and ends with a female round terminal connector around the backside of the headlight switch. The question is what attaches to this female terminal.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confused   its a stock 289 k-code coupe without fog lights, with a/c.  

waynep71222
Enthusiast
Posted: 02/19/13 12:49 AM

just to clarify this is the hazard flasher switch and harness he is talking about...

C6AZ 13350 E

one can see the pair of female bullet terminals laying over the top of the transparent white molex connector bodies on the left side of the image...

the male bullet connector hooks to the cigar lighter wiring....

i kinda wonder if those are for an additional application..  but i know someone will have a proper answer...  perhaps to make it work with generator cars also... thats interesting...  

dcsarge01
New User
Posted: 02/19/13 07:20 AM

this is the harness I'm referring to. I did find the answer I was looking for. The additional female round terminal connections are for these cars to be converted into police vehicle emergency lights/flashers. only a few of them ever made into police use, but Ford implemented them into all the harnesses. They are to be left blank in non-commercial use. Thanks for the help, I was just before pulling out what little hair I have left.  Grin  

dcsarge01
New User
Posted: 02/19/13 07:41 AM

just to clarify, the larger gauge orange wire with yellow stripe that has a short blue wire attached. the blue female round blade connector on this wire goes to the cig. lighter. the male twin wire connector(orange/yellow)/(blue) attaches to the blue/white strip female connector coming directly out of the underdash wiring harness. the wire out of the underdash harness exits directly behind the ignition & cig. lighter.