• Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Help with antenna replacement on 66 mustang

wrightm
User
Posted: 05/08/13 06:05 PM

Hello,
I was wondering if there is a guide to how to replace a broken antenna on a 66 mustang. I can take it off easily enough by loosening the bolt, but it looks like the the antenna and wire to the inside of the car is all continuous, and would require cutting/splicing the wire or maybe removing the fender? I'm guessing there is an easier way? I'm hoping
thanks,
Micah  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 05/08/13 06:19 PM

must replace ENTIRE antenna and wire COMPLETLY.... NO CUTS AND SPLICES..

its NOT impossible.. it just takes a little longer...

hint.. use some vacuum hose.. taped to the wire to pull backwards thru the openings toward the fender...    attach vacuum hose to the end of the new antenna wire and pull back thru...

Smile  

JK65
New User
Posted: 05/10/13 11:15 PM

Be patient tape a guide to the end that plugs into the radio and work it through the hole.  It looks very difficult until you start and then it is not to bad.  When I replaced my 65 I cut the old wire to get it out easier.  Metal guide that will move is the easiest to use.  Tape it to the plug that goes on the radio and from outside the car start threading it through until you can get it from under the dash then slowly pull ( it helps to have another person).  When you get to the grommet good luck.  Trying to get the grommet to pull through inner fender was very tough.