• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1970 base 302 2 barrel carburetor replacement

lurkeyturkey
New User
Posted: 05/08/13 07:48 PM

I'm a novice car guy and on a whim I decided to sell my jeep and pic up a 70 stang.  I've always loved them.  Anyway, I'm trying to find a replacement carburetor for the original. We already pulled the old one, it's tag reads D4PE EC and below it reads E 1A 09.  

Is this the original? Anyone know of a deal on a direct replacement, preferably with lightning fast shipping? Does edelbrock manufacture something that will bolt directly in it's place?  Other suggestions?  Keep in mind, I don't have a huge budget but I need something reliable. Car will be my daily driver, so as a sidenote, what will increase my fuel economy?  

lurkeyturkey
New User
Posted: 05/08/13 07:49 PM

sorry, I think I just posted this topic twice, my bad  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 05/09/13 08:14 AM

that already is the replacement carb...

1969 - 72

302", 351", 400" ENG (REPL CARB)

D4PE-9510-EA, EB, EC, *** FB

FORD 2100

there are several articles on rebuilding those and they are very easy to rebuild... only need some carb spray and a kit..  no need to soak those.. usually..  

do me a favor...   when you take the top off the carb... before you release the float pin retainer clip.. push a finger on the float lever over the needle and seat to bring the float to the existing setting.. scribe a mark on the inside of the carb.. so you can reestablish the same float height it was factory assembled with..

i have some tricks to make these carbs run properly when you have finished rebuilding them..  i will have to post those tonight.. because of time constraints this morning...

check back...

if you need a carb... they are available.. thru some parts stores... online.. you might want to keep your core... until you verify the replacement works properly.. so you have something to fall back on..  a holley 4412 will also bolt on.. but need some fuel line  to connect...

i personally would keep that one.. unless its totally destroyed...

type in 2100 into the search window above right...    more later..  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 05/09/13 11:05 AM

here are a few images with text...  you might have to open in a new window or move the slider across the bottom to see all the image...

the wire i am using is 0.023" stainless mig welding wire..

2100Topofboosterassy

2100Pumpdischargenozzles 1

2100Maincircuits

2100Maincircuitairbleed

2100Idlecircuit2