• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1968 RAINBOW of COLORS

RidleyDidleyRacing
New User
Posted: 05/11/13 02:18 AM

Hi, I am new to the forum ...but not mustangs having had about 30 over the years.
my grandfather bought a lime green 1971 Mach 1  new when i was a kid & i was Hooked ! I have 4 coupes at present 65 / 66 racer /67 / 68
i sell Genuine motor racing memorabilia on eBay for a living under the SAME USERNAME as here and i am based in the UK near Silverstone Circuit.
I have just sold a 1968 coupe and had not looked at the data plate until going over it with the guy buying it. we discovered no color code and a DSO of 710783 which is RAINBOW OF COLORS made for los angeles area dealers.
The car still has signs of the original SIERRA BLUE.
the new owner JEFF GUICHARD will probably put it back to original spec.
does anyone know of a club or group interested in these cars as they were very limited, found some details on google and a blue GT version.
If anyone has info please contact me  - marcus.ridley@sky.com
thanks  

68spanishgold
New User
Posted: 05/11/13 01:15 PM

Hi, I discovered my 68' coupe was a Rainbow of Colors car too. Spanish Gold underneith Macco purple. Since then I've been looking for the same thing. I did come across one mustang forum that was cataloging and recording those individual codes for archives. Mine was next in line on a production list they had compiled. I was told to do a Marti report and send a paint chip in. Since then I've put any modifying on hold.