• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

Need help with borgeson PS pump bracket issue

dkwcas99
New User
Posted: 05/17/13 09:41 AM

I am trying to install a borgeson pump on a 1968 V8 302 motor.  Long story I purchased the P/S conversion kit two years ago and just found out it doesnt have the requisite eng mounting brackets.  I ordered the advertised 302 1968 mounting bracket off line but it does not appear to be correct.  I looked at Mustang Monthly installation on similar vehicle and the bracket they used is not the same as one being sold.  I have a standard 302 motor with out A/C and I am looking at what bracket I need and some installation instructions/help?  Can someone throw me a bone Please?  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 05/17/13 10:12 AM

just curious.,..   can you supply part numbers from the receipts and also from the box ends if you still have them.. so we might be able to compare..

have you also called borgeson

is this the power steering pump bracket you received???

Power steering pump bracket for attaching a Saginaw style power steering pump to small block Ford 289/302/351W motors. Includes bracket and hardware for both Metric and SAE Saginaw self contained P/S pumps. Fits motors with and without A/C

Part # 802409  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 05/17/13 10:15 AM

this is what it looks like installed on the pump...   looks like by changing the spacer stack height..

you can select which pulley the pump aligns with..  neat forward thinking..

if this is the correct bracket and spacers you received... i will look around for images installed if they are posted somewhere..

MustangMan
Posted: 05/17/13 11:33 AM

I installed one of the first Borgeson kits they came out with for the Mustang and some changes have been made since then, including the bracket for the pump and the line kit.

I'd call Borgeson (ask for Jeff) and tell him what you have. They'll know if the bracket is an issue or not.

HTH...
Mark
Mark Houlahan
Brand Manager
Mustang Monthly Magazine

1965 FFR Roadster 427W/TKO-600 5-speed
1966 Mustang 289-4V/C4 Auto
1968 Mustang 4.6L Three-Valve/5R55S Auto
1990 Mustang 306/AOD
2002 Explorer Sport Trac 4.0L V-6/5R55 Auto
2005 F-150 4x2 4.2L V-6/4R70W Auto

dkwcas99
New User
Posted: 05/17/13 08:43 PM

I have the bracket shown above but I looked online on a previous Mustang Monthly installation but they used a larger/different bracket.  I couldnt get the photo to post on the thread but it does not resemble the bracket pasted above.  I purchased the bracket shown above put when I did a quick fit check it does not look like it is going to line up with the other pulleys.  I have contacted Borgeson and I am waiting on a response but if you have any installation photos I would be grateful.
As far as any data off the pump I will have to look when I am back in the shop.
Thank you,
Darren