• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1966 nuetral safety switch wiring

dcsarge01
New User
Posted: 02/24/13 02:32 PM

I have purchased a NSS harness as well as all new wiring (all the way around) I converted my original 3 speed into a c4 automatic.
Since I converted it to a c4 I really have no idea how to hook up the wiring under the dash. My new underdash harness has the Weird little connectors at the firewall not the male and female regular round blade connectors. I can figure that one out easily because the new NSS wiring had the same connectors. My question is where does the other wiring for the NSS connect. I know its for the backup lights, but cant figure out where they connect. It looks like they are both black with red stripe. 1 male and 1 female round blade connector. Confused  

waynep71222
Enthusiast
Posted: 02/24/13 03:51 PM

thats strange... weird connectors instead of bullet connectors???

have you called the main harness manufacturers tech line???

the NSS harness plugs into the middle of the male and female bullet connectors to extend the cranking circuit wiring and the back up light wiring down to the neutral safety switch and back..

i colorized this 67 diagram, it shows 4 pin bullet connectors.. 3 going one way.. 1 going the other..

the blue and red dashed wire is the cranking circuit...

67Stangcolorwiringdiagram  

waynep71222
Enthusiast
Posted: 02/24/13 04:02 PM

i am taking that this is what you have as a NSS harness

Neutralsafetyswitchharness

see the cover over the reverse servo.. note the fold over and grip the harness strip on the upper left bolt that holds the NSS switch harness wiring from flopping in the wind..  if that harness is not held tight above the NSS and again at the top of the bell housing it will flop in the wind until it breaks...

Fordc4 Neutraleafetyswitch

i have seen the wiring clamped to the lower left servo cover bolt also..

Fordc4neutralsafetyswitchadjustment