• Back Issues
  • Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

oil pan gasket

Luke65
User
Posted: 08/08/13 12:45 PM

Can you change the oil pan gasket on a 65 289 with power steering without pulling the engine  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 08/08/13 07:42 PM

?  

70bird
User
Posted: 08/08/13 08:59 PM

hello

yes, easy deal, done it about 100 times. simply remove the cross brace and ram at bracket on drivers frame rail and 2 bolts holding idler to the drivers frame rail. pull down suspension by hand and you will have plenty of room.

check to see it the 1 piece gasket from ford will work on your pan if you want. use ultra black high temp silicone gasket maker in the 4 corners. let sit 12 hours before use.  

JK65
New User
Posted: 08/30/13 11:48 PM

Use the one piece gasket from fel-pro. Easy job. I was very impressed with the ease of installing this one piece gasket. I was told to make sure cross member goes back on the same way it came off.  Right side must go back on right side.  Don't know how true this is but I made sure to do this.  

JK65
New User
Posted: 08/30/13 11:49 PM

Use the one piece gasket from fel-pro. Easy job. I was very impressed with the ease of installing this one piece gasket. I was told to make sure cross member goes back on the same way it came off.  Right side must go back on right side.  Don't know how true this is but I made sure to do this.