• Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

67 coupe suspension replacement

Randy67
New User
Posted: 03/31/13 06:57 PM

Hello,

At some point i would like to replace the front and rear suspension on my mustang, as far as I can tell everything is still stock except the shocks. I would like to keep it relatively stock and have seen some kits advertised for around $1000.00 that include everything front and rear. My plan would be to replace everything, then take it in for an allignment. My question is basically this; with a few speciality tools, can some one with average mechanical ability handle the project? Compressing the coil springs concerns me more than anything else.
Thanks for any advice,  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 04/01/13 09:23 AM

its amazing how many parts stores have this coil spring compressor in stock... its one of the versions to have for retracting the coil spring..  you will also need prybars.. to assist in centering the spring on the spring perch..

OEM brand /Coil spring compressor
Part Number: 27035
Alternate Part Number: AZ510

this is actually in the loan a tools section..  so you can pay for it .. use it and return it ... its behind the counter.. not on display..  other than on the counter mat..  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 04/01/13 09:34 AM

there are a few articles spread thru the 4 ford magazines on this site... that cover front suspension...

start with the tech section above left...