• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

1970 Ford Mustang Harley Davidson Tribute Car Best in Show Winner

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 09/21/13 10:10 PM

Est Value at $85,000 Price dropped from $52.500, over $130,000 in the build.

1970 Dark Horse Mustang Harley Davidson Tribute Car. Completely restored vehicle and I mean everything new. Body taken to bare metal then worked extremely straight, Fabricated to fit a 1969 Front Clip ,Actual Harley Davidson Paint codes used, Actual Harley Davidson bike installed inside car, New Autometer American Muscle 6 gauge set (over $1000) every aspect of the car is new from body, trim, chrome,glass(windshield,door glass, wing windows) All new weatherstripping everywhere, complete custom saddlebag interior with everything new including dash, seat foams, headliner, panels and custom made upholstery and an actual Harley Davidson Bike inside the car, all hardware, door handles New built Performance 351 Windsor Engine( Complete top and bottom) with Cam, Edelbrock Performer Ported aluminum Heads, Concept One Billet Pulley set (over $1800) includes all brackets, pulleys, A/C stystem, custom Power steering pump and 110 amp alternator,Full MSD Ignition, MSD Distributor and MSD Coil, 3 Row aluminum Radiator with Added Electric Cooling fan, 750 Holley, Headman Headers, Stainless Side Pipe Exhaust, Built C4 with shift kit and B&M Shifter, New Borgeson Integral Power steering system, ALL steering components replaced, All new suspension (everything) rebuilt ford 8" rearend, slotted and drilled disc brake conversion, chrome brake booster, Brand new Wiring Harness with 20 fuse block( can add power windows, locks etc) No old wiring at all, rebuilt heater box with new heater core, Ididit Tilt steering Column, Custom OneOff Shelby style Taillight panel, MEIER Racing Shelby deck lid and extensions, Body shaved of front and rear side marker lights, deleted front grill trim, as I said..Everything except the rear window glass IS NEW...All wiring hidden under inner fenders for a clean engine bay that is also diamond plated, Tons of other new parts not listed, over $120K in labor alone, over $32000 in parts, this is a remarkable One Off Custom Build for the guy that wants something NO ONE ELSE HAS. Fit and Finish is Excellent, Body and Paint was over $12K. Car just won Best In Show at the 2013 Danville Hot Summer Nights, Just did interviews at the show with Mustang Monthly and Hot Rod Magazine, Both estimated the cars value at a Minimum Starting Price of $85000 and I was told it was the nicest Mustang either had ever seen! Contact me at 925 219-2085 Car is located in Brentwood Ca. Cash only, shipping can be arranged after payments are cleared. Once in a lifetime opportunity to own the baddest Mustang Ever to hit the road. People are simply going crazy for this car!!!Car is a OneOff Custom Show car, any statements concerning Harley Davidson are in tribute and are in no way intended to describe the car as a Real Harley Davidson, this is a 1970 Ford Mustang Vehicle

Possible Part trades for classic cars or custom Harley bikes plus a lot of cash.

To View Full add visit www.hubgarage.com and look under classifieds or my Hub Garage...garage that is Z Customs Garage. Cheers!!!  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/22/13 05:46 AM

saw this car alredy the seller is extremely overly optimistic. it is worth maybe $30k iof the underside is detailed.

120k in labor is a joke, if he really paid that he got ripped off, our shop could do the entire carer to concours level with these options for far less than that.

never seen a 52k 69 - 70 coupe before, lol.  

54packman
Enthusiast
Posted: 09/23/13 12:31 PM

look at the shot of the trunk, it really lines up well,  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/23/13 04:56 PM

the trunk is fine, its the rest of the car that doesn't line up to it, lol.  

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 10/03/13 09:17 PM

For your shop to create a car like this you would first have to have VISION, likely you just do basic restorations if even that, there is over 30K in parts alone on this car, its an EVERYTHING new ONE OFF CUSTOM that has never been seen before and its a true masterpiece, at least thats what people in the KNOW are saying about it (Mustang Monthly Writer of 30 Plus years stated it to be the most impressive mustang he had ever seen, HOT ROD Magazine said it was a HOMERUN and that the design was GROUNDBREAKING and the FIT AND FINISH EXCELLENT), this is what was said after having actually seeing the car in person, over 20K people have seen this car with only 2 not liking it, guess you cant please everyone. In response to the trunk not lining up, the pic was taken prior to adjustments, and if you know anything about mustangs, that trunk lid NEVER lines up even, not on a $150000 SHELBY, not on a MACH 1 or sportsroof, they usually have one side higher, everyone knows this, fit and finish is PERFECT. By the way, it was sold for asking price, with over 20 buyers bidding over $45K, but hey...at least you got an opinion.  

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 10/03/13 09:20 PM

Those who cant....criticize those who can.  

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 10/03/13 10:06 PM

OH, and 70BIRD, you said you haven't seen a $52K 69 or 70 Coupe, I guess that...NOW YOU HAVE..LOL.  

70bird
User
Posted: 10/04/13 01:33 PM

you are hilarious.

the 69 and 70 trunks do not line up badly on orig unhit cars and they are perfect on every car i restore to show level. the fact yours does not simply suggests that it was slammed into in the rear somewhere otherwise any intelligent person would have adjusted it before taking photos of it.

30k in parts is not hard to do for sure but if i put 100k in a 1978 pinto wagon it would still be a 10k pinto wagon at best, lol.

one could gold plate some cow droppings too...

you are correct. i would never have the vision to dream up anything as ugly as that. i quit doing drugs in the 70's but apparently you did not.

you can attempt to extoll the artificial virtues of this car all you like and how many people like it but you seem to be missing the obvious point. after several months of attempting to advertise this car everywhere but the moon it is still sitting in your garage because no one wants the pile, lol.

if someone wanted it would be gone wouldn't it?

your statement you had 30 bids for over 45k simply means thast you had your friends shill your reserve auction. the comment that you sold it for full price is so laughable that cold fusion is more believable.

your trick of either you or your friend posting on the vintage mustang site in an a weak attempt to renew interest failed horribly as you well know. the user "cash money" got his clock cleaned by another 2 members.

i also strongly that you or your "friend" save yourselves further embarrassment and humiliation by not posting over on vmf any more because i can assure you the brutal beating you took last night over there was nothing compared to what will be coming your way again when you suggest members are liars, uncreative, stupid and have pos cars.

oh by the way, for those that read this, after no replies from the owner here for a few weeks and no replies on his listing on the vmf site both sites get posted to within minutes of each other. coincidence? obviously not.  

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 10/10/13 08:23 AM

Interesing....your seem to have an obsession with this car or yourself, I assume you sit back reading all your whitty comments and lauph to your self, thinking, god Im smart, I really got him. To the contrary friend...the car sold for $47500, above my asking price 2 weeks ago, the reason I didn't respond to any of you here on the forums is I simply don't spend my life on here, my time is spent building BEST IN SHOW winning cars. Im glad you have such a BIG opinion on my car after having looked at a couple camera phone pics I posted in haste. The car did win out over 600 other cars at a very prestigious show in Danville Ca reguardless of what you say or think, this show had the best of the best and was even a Corvette Anniversary Show full of 50s up vets, Chargers, Shelbys, Ferraris, you name it. The Interviews done at the show with Mustang Monthly...you know..the site we are on did take place and yes...the writer for Mustang Monthly put an estimated STARTING price of $85,000 on it and even suggested it may go for over $100K. He said he will post something about it on the site, not sure if its a full story or side story and will likely be out in 6 months or so..keep a look our for it so you can feel extra smart.  I know ive set a record for the sale price of a 1970 Mustang Coupe and its well deserved, the buyer is getting a car that literally is NEW in every way and a true custom ride that draws HUGE crowds by everyone everywhere it goes...all it does is win shows. Keep up the opinions and posts here as much as you like, puff up your chest and feed that ego as much as you can...Ill just keep building amazing cars and connecting them with amazing people who truly appreciate something special. Don't expect me to respond to anything else here as im simply uninterested in talking big from behind a keyboard...my work speaks for itself.. As to your statement of me or my friend posting something on some other site in a desperate ploy to bring interest to my car...WHAT are you talking about? I have no idea what your referring to...but hey, if it makes you feel good to talk smack, keep it up! Up next from Z Customs Garage is a very nice 1966 Dodge Charger, Very High End Build with a 440/727, all factory Concourse car...truly stunning. Yeah, I do Concourse as well, that's right, I don't just buy parts and bolt em up and say..."look at me, im a car builder", I take risks and they pay off. Also in line is my 1966 Pontiac GTO, My 1955 Ford F100 Custom, My 1957 Ford F100 Custom, My Badd ASS 1969 Lincoln Continental Bagged shaved and fully customized, then maybe I do one of my Classic 50s trailers, Currently have started my 1953 Silver Streak, these go overseas. All these are my projects, I don't slave for customers bud, Im the BOSS. Good Luck with you attitude...hope it takes you places. To anyone here that liked the car...thanks man, its ok to like something different!  

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 10/10/13 08:29 AM

Oh, I didn't notice that last line in your post...
I don't think people on this site or other forums are stupid, or liars, or without talent or don't have nice rides. Most of you do have all the above, those comments were clearly directed to a small handful of you that seemed a little too full of yourselves and your talents. Take it for what you will...you know who you are.  

70bird
User
Posted: 10/10/13 02:58 PM

Interesing....your seem to have an obsession with this car or yourself,

nope just find people like you hilarious.

I assume you sit back reading all your whitty comments and lauph to your self, thinking, god Im smart, I really got him.

pretty much.

To the contrary friend.

you could at least buy me a drink before you propose.

the car sold for $47500,

must have been in yen because it certainly wasn't in us dollars.

im glad you have such a BIG opinion on my car after having looked at a couple camera phone pics I posted in haste.

yeah the same haste the car was built with, lol.

The car did win out over 600 other cars at a very prestigious show in Danville Ca reguardless of what you say or think, this show had the best of the best

no it didn't because my car wasn't there.

The Interviews done at the show with Mustang Monthly...you know..the site we are on did take place and yes...the writer for Mustang Monthly put an estimated STARTING price of $85,000 on it and even suggested it may go for over $100K.

that's because he didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you it was really only worth $20k, plus he's not a licensed appraiser, lol.

He said he will post something about it on the site,

god i hope not wouldn't want to have to look at it again.

I know ive set a record for the sale price of a 1970 Mustang Coupe and its well deserved,

not hard to do since the previous record was only around $6500.00.

the buyer is getting a car that literally is NEW in every way and a true custom ride that draws HUGE crowds by everyone everywhere it goes.

the elephant man AND michael jackson both drew huge crowds wherever they went too so i guess that's not really saying much.

all it does is win shows.

pretty easy when you hold your own show in your driveway and you are the only participant.

Keep up the opinions and posts here as much as you like, puff up your chest and feed that ego as much as you can.

Um...yum.

Ill just keep building amazing cars and connecting them with amazing people who truly appreciate something special.

Can you say "special?,sure you can, i knew you could."

Don't expect me to respond to anything else

i never expected or wanted you to respond to anything in the first place.

im simply uninterested in talking big from behind a keyboard.

for someone with no interest in talking "big" from behind a keyboard you sure seem to do a lot of it, lol.

my work speaks for itself.

ya got that right.

As to your statement of me or my friend posting something on some other site in a desperate ploy to bring interest to my car...WHAT are you talking about?

Sorry your "dumb" act won't work in this particular case although it seems to in others.

I have no idea what your referring to.

get off the drugs, that might help.

hey, if it makes you feel good to talk smack, keep it up!

oh i much prefer to drink it or snort it or whatever they do with it.

Up next from Z Customs Garage is a very nice 1966 Dodge Charger,

So you are going to ruin a real car now huh?

Very High End Build with a 440/727, all factory Concourse car.

Oh, so galen's building that one for you?

truly stunning.

well that's what you said about your last one that wasn't so i guess we can't expect much put of this one either.

Yeah, I do Concourse as well, that's right, I don't just buy parts and bolt em up and say..."look at me, im a car builder"

that's obvious by all the good parts you took off that poor defenseless mustang and bolted on some...

I take risks

ya got that right.

and they pay off.

i think you better check the yen to us dollar conversion chart before you say that.

Also in line is my 1966 Pontiac GTO,

mine's already done!

My 1955 Ford F100 Custom, My 1957 Ford F100 Custom, then maybe I do one of my Classic 50s trailers, Currently have started my 1953 Silver Streak, these go overseas. All these are my projects,

oh so you have a salvage yard, how nice for you. how do your neighbors like it?

My Badd ASS 1969 Lincoln Continental Bagged

Sounds like you're kinda bagged yourself. might i suggest you lay off the sauce?

shaved

like your head?

fully customized

oh, you hsve tatoos on your head?

I don't slave for customers bud,

ne neither, besides i'm semi retired.

Im the BOSS.

good then may i suggest that you fire yourself?

Good Luck with you attitude.

oh, my attitudes fine, i'm perfectly happy.

hope it takes you places.

been all over the us and europoe.

To anyone here that liked the car...thanks man, its ok to like something different!  

well since i and 54packman are the only comments here and neither seem too positive i think the lack of comments speaks for itself.

might i suggest you sign up under the user name you used on the other site and make a post pretending to like it.  

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 10/10/13 10:54 PM

I feel pretty good about your last post bird, did you spend an entire day getting that all out, how many times did you try and come up with a better, smarter sounding comment, did you run it by your friends first to make sure it really made an impact. I love that I get fools like you to spend hours a day, copying and pasting sections of print and adding your own special little statements of fact...oh wait, nothing your saying is fact, only in your old, tired, mind, you know...the place you spend all day trying to remember when you were someone important. The only thing you got right is that yes...I do have a shaved head. Guess even fools get it right sometimes. Sorry..gotta go count all my money, its in US 100 dollar bills by the way. Please Post a pic of yourself so I can get in one last lauph....  

70bird
User
Posted: 10/11/13 01:29 AM

I feel pretty good about your last post bird, did you spend an entire day getting that all out, how many times did you try and come up with a better, smarter sounding comment,

took about 10 minutes, lol.

I love that I get fools like you to spend hours a day, copying and pasting sections of print and adding your own special little statements of fact.

Uh, thats not only hilarious its parthetically iron since you said you don't have time to sit bevhind a computer and act big necause you have better things to do yet here ypou are yet again. Ahhhh, ho, lol,  lol, lol.

I do have a shaved head. Guess even fools get it right sometimes.

you got the fsact that your head is shave right? wow thats pretty impressive.

Sorry..gotta go count all my money, its in US 100 dollar bills by the way.

Shou;d n't take long for even you to count $4750.00. OMG, I gotta stop, this is way too easy.  

70bird
User
Posted: 10/11/13 01:29 AM

I feel pretty good about your last post bird, did you spend an entire day getting that all out, how many times did you try and come up with a better, smarter sounding comment,

took about 10 minutes, lol.

I love that I get fools like you to spend hours a day, copying and pasting sections of print and adding your own special little statements of fact.

Uh, that's not only hilarious its pathetically iron since you said you don't have time to sit behind a computer and act big because you have better things to do yet here you are yet again. Ahhhh, ho, lol,  lol, lol. You're so sadly predictable.

I do have a shaved head. Guess even fools get it right sometimes.

you got the fact that your head is shave right? wow that's pretty impressive.

Sorry..gotta go count all my money, its in US 100 dollar bills by the way.

Shouldn't take long for even you to count $4750.00. OMG, I gotta stop, this is way too easy.  

zcustoms
New User
Posted: 10/22/13 08:27 PM

Just sold another build...feeling pretty good about too, only invested $8500 on this one and sold it for $27500. Guess its easy to make money doing what you love when you actually build cars all day long and don't just sit around trying to sound intelligent on some Forum...Still waiting for that Pic.... Grin