• Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

power steering pump

elgordito55
New User
Posted: 01/17/14 08:52 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know if there's a video or detailed article on how to repair the Ford power steering pumps. The power steering pump on my 65 was leaking and I replaced the seals but now it makes a low humming/rumble noise, which it didn't do before. I don't know if when I re-assembled the pump housing, end plate, rotor, etc., I have have positioned something in the wrong way. The seal kit came with the instructions and diagrams but is not the same as seeing photos or even a video-
I check out previous posts here but most deal with replacement and a few deal with discussion on seal, gaskets replacements but no mention of video or articles. I also check out youtube but no luck, so far.
If there's isn't an article on MM magazine on how do this, maybe it would be a good idea to do one on overhauling power steering pumps-
Thaks  

wayne712222
User
Posted: 01/19/14 02:47 PM

i looked around..  did not see any articles on the ford Thompson pump..

the oval housing bore.. was it scuffed???

there are several sites online that show images of the rebuild

i also notices that some rebuilders get less than 50 bucks for them. but prices vary..  

elgordito55
New User
Posted: 01/20/14 05:36 PM

Thanks --No it wasn't scuffed--it was leaking oil through the rear hose connector internal seal which required disassembly to replace the 0- ring-
I'll keep looking around anyway  

wayne712222
User
Posted: 01/20/14 11:25 PM

its not hard to find.. its hard to post. as its on a different publishers forums.

and the server is adjusted to NOT accept the competitions forum links.

it took me 30 seconds in a google image search.. but i spent over an hour going thru the 40 plus magazines here looking for one article on that pump..

=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=sv99v45h9ta9t0d6frrnvm03o7]http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?ck[ID]=0&ck[idlist]=0&ck[viewcurrency]=USD&ck[PHP_SESSION_ID]=sv99v45h9ta9t0d6frrnvm03o7

it might be cheeper to just order one from rock auto..

i have several places in los angeles that rebuild stuff for my friends..

Unique Auto Exchange Auto Parts
Address: 5221 E Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90022
PhoneFrown323) 262-1191

Lee Manufacturing Company
11661 Pendleton St.
Sun Valley, CA 91352
Phone: 818-768-0371

and a few small shops that are not really set up to ship and receive as far as i know..