• Personalized Cover
  • Subscribe to a Magazine
12 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

k.a.r.????

moosetang.13
New User
Posted: 09/25/13 09:49 AM

I found my mustang #9702S175598 in an isolated junk yard.I drove and got lost on the extreme back roads of Tennessee for hours to find the place.The guy that owned the place said that it is not a junk yard this is my personal collection.He had over 6000 cars and trucks in his ( collection ).When I started looking around It occurred to me that not many people knew about the place because he still had a lot of top lotch musclecars.I was looking for a 69 mustang in particular.He had a 73 mach1 and a bunch of 64-68 mustangs.I spent the whole day wandering around looking at all the cool stuff he had but no 69 or 70 mustangs.It was starting to get dark and the guy was ready for me to leave.I was coming down the last row disappointed when I looked down this distant valley and saw some more cars glistening in what was left of the sun light.I just had to go down there and see what they were.As I started down the hill it came clear to me a fender scoop.I got excited and RAN down there.And there she was at the bottom of a pile of cars a 69 mustang.She was picked clean and all you could really see was the passenger side quater scoop pocket.I ran back up to the front of the guys yard to start negotiating with him for the mustang.The guy said that he has been selling the parts on e-bay and that the car was not for sale.I told the guy that the car was stripped to the shell and the only thing left was the shell.He siad he was starting to cut the panels out to sell and I could not buy it from him.I let the mustang subject go and started asking about parts for my 70 nova.His eyes got big and he said "YOU HAVE A 70 NOVA" yes i do i told him.I told him it was my drag race car with a 383 strocker powerglide trany and a 12 bolt rearend and it had a nice blue paint job.He got real excited and told me he would trade the 69 mustang for the 70 nova.I told him that my nova is a turn key driver and the mustang was just a shell but I will do the trade but he had to deliver the mustang and pick up the nova. He said ok and the deal was on.I went back the next day to help him dig up the mustang.Half of the car was buried in the dirt and the other half was buried under other cars ( i am thinking of calling it my zombie stang ).He deliverd the mustang and picked up his nova.I went right to work on the stang.It came with no title and upon futher inspection I discoverd that someone took the vin tag out of it but the shock tower still had the vin#.I called the dmv to get a title and new dash vin plate.With the bill of sale I got a title but I would have to pay extra and have a police officer come out to verify the vin# on the shock tower.When the officer finally got out to my house the mustang was already sanded and in red primer.He looked the car over and verified that the vin# is correct then he gave me the new vin tag.He said that since I was in the middle of restoring the car and I still have to paint it that the new vin tag goes on the driver side door jam right above the striker.The new vin tag is a sticker and not a metal tag for the dash.Now comes my questions.The vin# is a "S" code and the 69 K.A.R.429 cars were built out of "S"code cars.Could this be a K.A.R. 429 car or just a 390 car.Why would someone take the dash vin tag out unless it was a special car.The inner fender shows signs of hammer marks like the K.A.R.cars where they had to beat the big engine in.Either way someone is running around with my vin tag on there mustang and that is illegal.So someone is running around with a fake 390 or 429 mustang or maybe their car is stolen and they took a vin tag out of the junk yard to cover up the theft.The vin# is 9F02S175598.I know that a lot of mustangs are register so if this vin# is found other than mine I want my tag back.I am fine with the new vin sticker but I would like to have a metal dash tag.How can I get a new dash tag and the special rivets to install it? Confused  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/25/13 02:10 PM

dataplates.com or cowltags.com

it is not a 429 those had notched shock towers.  

moosetang.13
New User
Posted: 09/25/13 04:47 PM

notched were on the shock tower  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/25/13 05:15 PM

1/3rd of the tower is missing down to the control arm bolts.you do not have a 150,000.00 car.

there are factory battery hold down bkts in trunk.  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 09/25/13 08:29 PM

something like this..

429Bossenginebayshocktowermods Zpsa066bdc9  

moosetang.13
New User
Posted: 09/26/13 08:08 AM

ok...my shock towers don`t look like that...thank you for clearing up the type of car mine is...does any one know about the vin problem?  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/26/13 10:52 AM

i told you where to get a dash vin plate.

what is your other question, be very specific?  

moosetang.13
New User
Posted: 09/26/13 12:16 PM

I didn`t see where you gave me the e-mail adress for the vin tag until you said you already gave it to me...thank you for all your help on my car...I do have a 1969 model 390 engine from a 69 Galaxy and trany...would you use the 390 or the 429 t-jet  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/26/13 05:52 PM

the info is in my very first post just below your long one.

i would stroke the 390 and use cj heads or aluminum ones.  

moosetang.13
New User
Posted: 09/26/13 08:38 PM

I got your vin tag info and very cool thank you..I like your opinion on stroking the 390...were can I get some cj heads?You have helped me and my car alot with your mustang wisdom.THANK YOU...I bought mustang# 1T05M151945 from e-bay.The add only listed a 71 mustang for sale with the vin# listed I looked the vin# up and found it to be a 351 4v mach1 When I got there to pick up the car and the guy that was selling was a prision guard selling it for one of his inmates.He didn`t know anything about the car.It was in a horse field and kids were throwing rocks at it from the bus stop.The driver side axle was gone and it was on blocks.When I opened the hood the 351 was not there. what was there was a big block.It was missing one head ,intake and carb.The rest of it is all intact.Was the 351 that is suppose to be in it a cj351 or a regular one?You gave me the 429 id# but where do I find the id#s to tell what kind of big block is under the hood now?It looks like the 429 that is in my 70 t-bird.I also own mustang#19T01F159998 and mustang #0F02H203356.I also have Questions about then.  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/26/13 08:58 PM

eng casting numbers by starter

date code by oil filter facing the ground.

heads from ebay, perogies, racingjunk.com

ask away on other cars.  

moosetang.13
New User
Posted: 09/27/13 06:33 AM

is the 71 mustang a 351cj or regular 351  

70bird
User
Posted: 09/27/13 04:59 PM

read this

http://phystutor.tripod.com/stang/engines/cleveland.html

x  

waynep712222
User
Posted: 09/27/13 05:21 PM

351C heads...

hmm.. if you were in so cal, la area.. a friend had a set of 351C 4bbl heads off a pantera. the owner went aluminum and my friend ended up with the still beautiful used ones.. don't know if he still has them..  

moosetang.13
New User
Posted: 09/27/13 05:47 PM

well could you find out if they are still for sale.If so how much..cool thanks  

12 Last