• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

fuse box end electric wire blue/red

mauro.merisio
New User
Posted: 05/22/14 11:44 AM

Hello everyone I have a problem with my 66 I do not work the lights on the dashboard, and when I opened the doors courtesy lights do not light up.
I checked the fuses and they are ok, but I noticed that I did not get power to the fuse that little one central 2.5 I think.
Turning the fude box I noticed the blue / red which is not receiving power.
Someone who has already had a hand in wiring can tell me dova takes this current thread?
Thanks Mauro  

wayne712222
User
Posted: 05/22/14 08:52 PM

Sw131 66Mustang Headlightswitchcolors Zpsc215db2b

power comes into the switch on the black and orange wire on the right upper row of this picture.   from the battery side of the starter relay..

when you pull the headlight knob out to the headlight position the orange and yellow wire gets power but it goes thru the metal jumper to the middle of the resistor wheel..  that rotates and the contact next to the blue and red wire gets variable power off the resistor..     one end of the resistor loops is also grounded to the bracket..  this is what gives the resistor variable voltage output..  

mauro.merisio
New User
Posted: 05/24/14 10:41 AM

Thank you, very useful, but the blue / red where the current takes?
Mauro  

wayne712222
User
Posted: 05/24/14 11:24 AM

the blue and red wire gets power thru the resistor  from the orange and yellow circuit when the headlights are turned on..    

the headlight switch gets power from the black and orange wire

i edited my post above also