• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

This Forum

cushman350
Enthusiast
Posted: 07/27/14 09:07 AM

This place is a ghost town. What does this indicate? Us as an aging generation or this place, trying to remain relevant to the present perceived corporate direction? Just sayin', this place feels different since the re-alignment of the Magazine. Tumble weeds rolling down these very dusty deserted streets. Out with the old, in with the new. Transitions, The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson to The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. Gotta happen I guess. My wheels are squeaking, need greasing, but, where do I need to go now anyway, I just let the car sit for now. I'll just sit here in my rocking chair on my porch and wait for someone relevant to come by and offer to take it off my hands.

Ah, I feel much better now. Little rants are therapeutic at my age. Thank you for your patience and participation friends,

Good Day and Happy Motoring, SOUND YOUR HORN, THE ROAD IS YOURS.
000 9918

I got my tanker on Christmas morning, 1956, I was 6. I still have it but it doesn't look anything like this internet photo. Mine has been ridden, pulled behind a bicycle and I can't even begin to remember the rest. It sits on a hope chest in my living room today, paint suffering and metal axles are nearly worn through, but surprisingly not bent up much. Sounds kinda like me. Transitions  

boomer300
User
Posted: 07/28/14 06:57 PM

Good post.   I was logged in most days since joining several years ago.  I got really excellent advice from the members-including you just the other day-thanks.  Hopefully I was able to help a few other folks. Due to working 2 jobs and having 2 in college, I was so busy that I didn't have any time left for this forum over the last 2 years-or my cars for that matter. Now, when I found a little time to get back to my cars, I went back to this forum and found little participation where it was thriving a couple years ago.  I asked "where is everyone?"  I thought I had made a mistake. I had never signed in by email and kept trying my online name. Fast change.  So...I ask as well, what happened?  Good folks don't just go away.  No answers, but I wonder as well.  

boomer300
User
Posted: 07/28/14 06:57 PM

Good post.   I was logged in most days since joining several years ago.  I got really excellent advice from the members-including you just the other day-thanks.  Hopefully I was able to help a few other folks. Due to working 2 jobs and having 2 in college, I was so busy that I didn't have any time left for this forum over the last 2 years-or my cars for that matter. Now, when I found a little time to get back to my cars, I went back to this forum and found little participation where it was thriving a couple years ago.  I asked "where is everyone?"  I thought I had made a mistake. I had never signed in by email and kept trying my online name. Fast change.  So...I ask as well, what happened?  Good folks don't just go away.  No answers, but I wonder as well.