• Subscribe to a Magazine
Item Posts    Sort Order

•New Bits• 1970 1971 MUSTANG COUGAR TORINO 429 SCJ CJ HEAT SHIELD

TheFabricator
New User
Posted: 08/11/14 05:46 PM

≪A%20Href=
Up for sale is are reproduction heat shields that is a direct replacement for 1970 to 1971 Ford Mustang, Torino, and Mercury Cougar's equipped with the 429 Cobra Jet, Super Cobra Jet engine. The labor involved to create the tooling was expensive and time consuming. These are exact copies of the originals, down to the two piece spot welded tube, tapered/rolled neck for paper tube, correct gage material to match the thickness and weight of an original, and prefitted to the manifold. The heat shields arrive in bare metal, just as seen in the photos. There is a light coat of oil on the surface to keep the bare metal from corroding during shipping, it will need to be removed with wax and grease remover before painting. There is a very limited quantity of these heat shields and I will not be selling these to any venders. This is the only place you’re going to find the reproduction available. So if you need one, you contact me at (651)492-9565, price is $495.00 dollars each, and with the very limited quantity, I have absolutely no intention on lower the price!

I've included a link to some photos of the reproduction side by side with the original, cant seem to get photos to work on this forum.
http://s63.photobucket.com/user/simp0146/library/heat%20shield